@rongcuid thank you for the extra details of your issues.
@vmassol thank you for your response.
Firstly it is always important for users to realize that open source software is based on people’s willingness to donate time and effort, so I just wanted to start off with thanking the xwiki.orgs developers team for this application. I also know that constructive feedback is valuable for an application to evolve, so regardless whether I am using it in the future or not, last week I did my best to troubleshoot my installation issues. The current topic is the 100% CPU that according to other users, can happen.
I have reinstalled xwiki about 20 times in the last week, in order to weed out any misconfigurations that I had. Yesterday I did all steps again, including reverse proxy and https for nginx and tomcat, as well as creating subwiki’s with subdomains. Until now, this went Okay, and the CPU is around 2% when no pages are accessed. Of course I don’t take into account the CPU spikes when booting up and installing subwikis etc.
So the 100% CPU is clearly a misconfiguration, or it results from extensions that I did not yet try out yet this time. So there is hope, but I did not find the culpit yet.
Overall, the page load speed is between 1.5 and 7 seconds, depending on whether the page is accessed for the first time and if it has a lot of content and objects. In general page loads are between 2 and 2.5 seconds. This can be considered slow for the current web standards, and seen the current processor and memory availability, I don’t think this will improve much.
I think that an acceptible page load time is max 1 second, otherwise users (including me) build a tension and eventually abandon the application. I did not dive into performance optimization of xwiki yet, and otherwise post about it in another thread.