Feature Request "confirmed reading"

Hello XWiki Forum,
I’m new to XWIKI, may be the feature exists, but so far I haven’t found it.

So here it is:
Let me call it “confirmed reading”

Requirements:
Mark a page to be confirmed to be read by a certain group of users.
This will show a button at the end of the page, to the applicable users, to confirm the reading of the page.
Reporting: Show a list of the users group, who has read the page and who has not yet.

Example:
Let’s say a warehouse operator of a chemical company need to read an instruction, what to do in a chemical incident.
The wiki can provide the know-how article and will ask the warehouse operator to actively confirm, he has read the instructions.

It overlaps with requirements of a learning platform, but a company knowledge base is a lot about learning anyway, in my thoughts :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you.
Best regards,
Dan

1 Like

+1

Hi, this is relatively easy to implement yourself actually:

• Create an XClass with one boolean xproperty to indicate if a page has been read and another page xproperty to indicate the page reference.
  • Create an XSheet to display the read status of the page + display the button at the end of pages and the script to execute when clicking the button. The script will add an XObject of the XClass above to the current user profile page.
  • Then create a page template provider so that users can create “Confirmed Reading Pages” easily from the Create UI (it works by adding the XWiki.DocumentSheetBinding xobject and binding it to the XSheet above).

Readings:

This would make a nice app for xwiki-contrib: https://contrib.xwiki.org/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
thank you very much about your response!

This sounds interesting and I will try a soon as I can find some time.

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

Best regards, Daniel