First Confluence import into XWiki LTS 15.10.11 - question on “Confluence XML Input stream (confluence+xml)”

Hello,
I just started looking into importing a space from Confluence to this XWiki LTS stanza. I have my space archive in the right place in the server.
In the admin board I have Filter Streams Converter and Nested Pages Migration installed.

And the first thing I noticed once I started Filter Streams Converter, I don’t have the option Confluence XML Input stream (confluence+xml) in the INPUT TYPE field.

So I look in the extensions section and don’t find it, until I just untick the option Recommended only. So I keep the options Indexed and Compatible only and now I find it, (version 9.50.0).

I just wonder why it is not in the recommended extensions? (Just for say, I prefer the manual method with Filter Streams Converter and Nested Pages Migration over the Confluence Migrator Pro method).

Still, after installing Confluence XML I still don’t see the option Confluence XML Input stream (confluence+xml) in the INPUT TYPE field.

I guess I will just try to import that space using Generic XML input stream (filter+xml) ?

Hello,

Please check the recommended definition. If you don’t find an extension in the recommended list, it is because it doesn’t respect the definition.

Hope it helps,
Alex

Hello @acotiuga thanks this is a first step, but I still don’t know if I can go on without the Confluence XML input stream (confluence+xml) option in the Input type field of the Filter streams converter?

Check this tutorial https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Confluence/XML/#HTutorial. It seems you’re missing the Confluence XML module.

@acotiuga This the one I was talking about : I got it to show and was able to install it after I unticked the Recommended only button.

But even after I installed it, the option still doesn’t show in the Input type field.

I just checked your related page, then went to the github page and I am seeing a new version soon available, [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration · xwiki-contrib/confluence@2c0234e · GitHub

maybe it comes with a fix? Or maybe @tmortagne will see my question and might have an idea about what is going on with this extension?

PS : it is not recommended and I even thought I had installed it but I had not, so I finally installed it and now it shows in the Input Type field.

I am still eager to know more about the related upcoming updates.

Did you find this in you extension manager:

You mentioned just Filter Streams Converter and Nested Pages Migration as being installed.
I just said you still have to install the Confluence XML to have the extra options ( Confluence XML Input stream (confluence+xml)) in the select field.

There is nothing to fix here.

Yes, I mentioned it, when I said:

I see now I could have written in a more accurate way. Please accept my apology.