Forgot Username/Passowrd no longer on login page

Hello there,

I am not sure what I changed but the “Forgot Username” and “Forgot Password” functions are no longer on the XWiki login page. The only change in the environment was an upgrade from 10.11.9 to 11.10.13, but I do not think this would have an effect. I have not changed anything in login.vm so I do not know what happened.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I found a solution to this issue but I am a bit confused. I was able to get the “Forgot your username?” and “Forgot your password?” links back on the login page through the Rights page in Global Administrator settings.

Where I am confused is when I have the two settings below unchecked the forgot username/password appears on the login screen but disappear when I have them checked.

I figured with those two settings enabled that no unregistered user would be able to access my wiki without authenticating first, but it also takes away the option of a registered user to reset their password.

Am I missing an authentication configuration that needs to be set so I can have those settings enabled, but still allow registered users reset their passwords?

Thanks!

Are you sure about your resulting version? It looks quite old.

I’m sure my instance is forbidden to unregistered users (it is being used in an intranet, so users come from LDAP), but the links you mention are visible, I thiink.

But I’m on 14.x so it may not be relevant to you. I’ll try to double check my XWiki though.

Well, updated today to .18, but I don’t think a lot changed since .13

Here’s our settings:

immagine

and this the login form:

immagine

but our wiki is integrated with our LDAP, maybe that is making a difference.

Wait, actually… I think none of those links should be available on our instance :thinking: because no no reset of password should be started from XWiki.