Give different views at users

Hi all, i’m new to this forum and software as my company bought it and gave me the administration and installation on our web server.
I have a question about right views, hope somebody can help me:
would like to organize various documents on the site documentation A, documentation B, documentation with various users and different scenarios

1. unregistered users can view only documentation A
  2. some users can view and modify documentation A
  3. some users that can view A,B,C
  4. some users that can view and modify A,B,C

and so on if i want add different docs and rights

Is it possible to build such scenarios? Because i didnt find the possibility with standard interface maybe need external tool or some scripting or i have to install xwiki in different instance machines?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Dave

The XWiki software is open source and free :slight_smile:

Yes

You need to check https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/UserGuide/Features/RightsManagement and the links there.

If you explain what you tried and ask some specific question, we could help you better.

Hello thanks for responding.
I know its free but honestly i dont know what they bought.
I would like to use xwiki for different pages with different rights.
For example :
Unregistered users will see page1 with all under pages
Registered will see page 2 with all under pages and some can also modify them
I dont want unregistered users see all pages

Hope you understand

resolved doing new fresh installation

They may have bought hosting or professional support from a company providing professional support around the open source software. You should probably see with your responsible if you have professional support available, it may open new communication channels to you to get assistance with your XWiki :wink: .

This sounds a bit weird, the scenarios you mentioned are perfectly possible with any installed XWiki, it’s not clear how nor why a new installation fixed your problem…

Thanks,
Anca