Week 1- 21st May- 27th May
- Understanding packer and its use to create AMI for demo XWiki (Long Term Support and Latest version)
- Learned CDK to provide an easy way of installation of XWiki on the AWS account of the user.
- Learned how to write unit tests in CDK in TypeScript using the Jest test framework.
- Successfully created AMI for demo XWiki (Standard Flavor Pre-installed) using AWS console. While creating the AMI I observed that, even while the tomcat server was running on the EC2 instance, The requests sent from the browser were not being sent to tomcat and I kept observing connection refused error on the browser. I reached out to the AWS support team in order to debug the issue, but no solution could be found. the issue finally resolved by explicitly adding protocol 8080 in the inbound rules of the security group. initially, all traffic was allowed on the inbound rules of security groups which should have allowed the 8080 port connections, but it was not the case.
- Finalised System design of Production installation of XWiki.