[GSoC 2023] Apply for ChatGPT Integration to generate/update page content

Greetings everyone,

I am delighted to introduce myself to the XWiki community. My name is Tuohan Zhou, and I am pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Data Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the United States.

My interest is the project ChatGPT Integration to generate/update page content because I was involved in a question-answering chatbot based on Chatgpt API with my friends. Here is the link: https://buckyai.vercel.app. I also have been following the evolution of ChatGPT, from its release of GPT-3 to the newest GPT-4, and I believe it will make a significant impact on open-source developers and editors.

I am thrilled about the forthcoming release of ChatGPT’s API features and eager to contribute to the XWiki community via AI’s help. I plan to reference other projects’ API (Will release soon) to help me design an API tailored to XWiki’s unique needs when I develop the code. In addition, my proposal has a few ideas regarding API design that will tell you which ChatGPT’s functionality appears within the XWiki editing page and how to work. I intend to elaborate on these proposals in a subsequent post.

I am particularly interested in collaborating with Mr. Vincent Massol, the mentor in this project. Meanwhile, I also welcome suggestions from him and other community members regarding my ideas, and I am open to feedback on improving my contributions.

If you wish to contact me, please do so at tuohan.zhou@gmail.com or message me directly. My timezone is CDT (UTC-5).

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome to the XWiki project @TuohanZhou_Rookie !

For now, please check XWiki @ Google Summer of Code 2023 - XWiki to see how to onboard the project.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your reply! I have already submitted my proposal but I have a question about Jira issue contribution. How can I inform the XWiki community about my contribution after the proposal submission to increase my probability of being selected before GSoC releases the results?

Hello. You can list your contributions to XWiki here if you want! Thx

How can I inform the XWiki community about my contribution after the proposal submission to increase my probability of being selected before GSoC releases the results?

It’s actually before the submission :slight_smile: See XWiki Guidelines for GSOC - XWiki

Thanks for the clarification on the guideline. I’m highly interested in this project and remember to stay active during the application period. I’m seeking opportunities to contribute, collaborate, and participate in the Xwiki community.

Note that the application period of this year’s GSoC ended on April 4, see the official timeline. Contributions after the application deadline are appreciated (as always, independently of GSoC) but won’t influence the acceptance decision. Contributions should be listed in the application, this is explicitly mentioned in our application form template as last point under “Technical skills”.