GSOC 2023 contributor

Hello. My name is Arka Prabha Chowdhury and I am a third year Computer Science undergraduate. I am proficient in HTML ,CSS, ReactJS, TailwindCSS, Javascript and Java. I would love to contribute to XWIKI and I am looking for some good first issues that I could work on especially on the front-end part, for GSOC 2023.

1 Like

Hi there! I’m Abdullah Al Noman, a passionate software developer with a strong proficiency in JavaScript and React.js. I’m proud to have contributed to open-source projects, including Material UI and React docs , and achieved the level 4 contributor status on Hacktoberfest 2022 .
With 5+ completed projects and ongoing contributions to open-source projects, I have honed my skills and gained hands-on experience with various technologies and frameworks including Express.js, MongoDB, Git, Firebase, and Material UI.
I take pride in my ability to tackle complex problems and break them down into manageable pieces. My recent project, a CRUD form application, was a great opportunity to showcase my expertise in MongoDB, Express.js, and React.js. I deployed my own API to enable form submissions, and the data is stored in the MongoDB database.
As a team player, I have gained valuable experience working with others through my role as a College Ambassador at Silswa. I collaborated with 150 college ambassadors to share notes and educational content with an 800,000-strong student community.
In my free time, I enjoy playing video games and gardening. Problem-solving is a personal passion of mine, and I frequently engage in coding challenges on online judges like Codeforces, LeetCode, and HackerRank.
If you’re looking for a dedicated and driven software developer with a passion for problem-solving and a proven track record of success, look no further. I’m eager to contribute my skills and experience to your team and help drive your projects to success.

1 Like

Hi Everyone :wave: . I am Rupantar Borphukan. Currently, 2nd Year Electronics & Instrumentation Undergrad at NIT Silchar. I quite familiar with programming languages like C/C++, Java, Python, Solidity. My Tech Stacks includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Reactjs, Expressjs, Nodejs, MongoDB. VS Code, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Sublime Text, Git, XMAPP, Thunder Client, Ganache, Remix – Ethereum IDE, MetaMask are some tools used so far. I have participated in various Hackathons including National level Hackathons. Also, contributed in open-source organization like in GitHub. Worked in various teams to develop, build, design and implementing ideas.

I want to contribute to XWIKI projects and specifically on Web Dev for GSOC '23. Don’t know how to start, someone please help me how to start and how to contribute

I want to contribute to XWIKI projects and specifically on Web Dev for GSOC '23. Don’t know how to start, someone please help me how to start and how to contribute.

Hi there :wave:

My name is Federico, I’m a Senior and student-athlete on the Tennis team at Southwestern College, Kansas. I major in Computer Science with an emphasis on business and my areas of interest include full-stack development and mobile development.

I have significant experience in full-stack development through an internship at Viaanix and personal projects. My tech stack includes JavaScript, TypeScript, Python, Linux, React, Redux, NodeJS, ExpressJS, Flutter, Git, Github, Firebase, AWS, MongoDB. My portfolio with two of my most important projects and skillset details can be found here https://www.federicopoi.work/. I’m a performance-oriented full-stack developer and student-athlete who strongly believes in turning conceptual ideas into reliable software products.

Hi! You can start by reading the Guidelines! Here is the link XWiki Guidelines for GSOC - XWiki.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Federico

Dear Federico,

I hope this message finds you well. I came across your profile and was impressed by your experience as a full-stack developer. As someone who is also passionate about Java, HTML, CSS, React, JSP, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL, and Node.js, I believe your expertise would be invaluable to me as I work on my GSOC project.

I would be honored if you would consider being my mentor for this project. I’m eager to learn from your experience and insights, and I’m committed to making steady progress toward our project goals. I understand that your time is valuable and that you may have other commitments, but I would be grateful for any guidance and support you can provide.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Sharath Lingam

Hi Sharath!

Thank you for the compliment! Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/federico-poi/.

Unfortunately, I am also applying as a contributor for this summer’s GSOC. I guess we are in the same boat! But we can discuss about a project if you want!

Best,
Federico

It would be a great pleasure to discuss it with you Frederico. Nice to meet you! I have dm you on your LinkedIn. Hoping for a response. :smiley:

sir, I wanted to know that those open issues in XWIKI dashboard will be assigned by you or we need to take it by our own?

You can assign an issue to yourself by yourself. No one will do it for you. :slight_smile:

Just note that if for some reason you were not able to close/solve the issue and you decide to not work on it anymore - you should un-assign it as well so that other contributor may give it a shot.
All the best!

ok got it. :smiley: