Hide embedded assets/images

I currently do not know whether this function exists. Currently you can easily insert images into the document. This makes it quite easy to create documentation pages. But now all images are added as attachments. The real “attachments”, such as pdf, word or other files are then unfortunately lost here. Is there a way to hide specific assets? Or even automatically hide the embedded images?

I’m currently trying it myself. The first steps: Create an override with the name “attachmentslist.vm”.https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Skin%20Application#HAddinganoverriddentemplateobject

This allows you to customise the entire content.
A LiveTable is used here. With attachmentsjosn.vm.
xwiki-platform/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-flamingo/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin-resources/src/main/resources/flamingo/attachmentsjson.vm at master · xwiki/xwiki-platform · GitHub.
Theoretically, you would only have to create a new file here and filter the items. To do this, however, you would need to know which images are embedded. I’ll have to take a closer look at it in the next few days.

1 Like