How to import users from ldap to XWIKI

I have set up an XWiki instance and configured the connection with LDAP. Now, users can authenticate and are created and added to the XWiki mapping group. Since we are planning to switch from Confluence to XWiki, there is a need to import users from the active directory before they authenticate, as it is necessary to assign rights to specific users for the migrated pages before they authenticate. Is there a way to import users into XWiki from the LDAP group without triggering it when they authenticate in the system?

@Mikus, we use the LDAP User Import application - ui extension (UI exposed through Administer Wiki → Other → LDAP User Import), and it works pretty well. You may already have that installed as a dependency on the LDAP authenticator (we use OpenID for auth, instead).

We’ve got a ticket open as to how to utilize pagination with it, so that we can work around the default 1000 object limit in LDAP query results. I suspect that’s just a tweak to one or another of the properties we need to set in its configuration, but we’ll see…

I hope that helps!