Icon Transformation and In-Place WYSIWYG Editing

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my 11.10 LTS to 12.10 LTS, which introduces the nice new In-Place WYSIWYG editing.

It seems to work quite well, however I just noticed that it causes unexpected (at least for me) effects together with the Icon Rendering Transformation.

Technically, I think I understand why it happens, but I’m not sure if I actually consider it to be good that it does, and wanted to ask if

a) it’s a known behaviour
b) if anything might be done about it (besides turning off In-Place editing), or if I just have to live with it.

If a page contains shortcuts like (i), it’s translated into an icon / emoji. This happens during rendering, and if now in-place editing is being used, the transformed page is used as a base for editing.

This causes the following “phantom changes” if pages are edited which contain such icon shortcuts:

5 -(% style=“color:#999999” %)(/) = done/works: put “/” between brackets
6 -(!) = warning: put “!” between brackets
7 -(x) = not done/problem: put “x” between brackets
5 +(% style=“color:#999999” %)image:icon:accept = done/works: put “/” between brackets
6 +image:icon:error = warning: put “!” between brackets
7 +image:icon:cancel = not done/problem: put “x” between brackets

The issue probably affects all rendering transformations I assume, such that it integrates the transformation result into the actual page source code.

Bug or feature? :wink:

Ouch, it’s a bug and regression. Could you create a jira issue for it please? Thanks and sorry about that.

Created:

CKEDITOR-388 “In-Place Editing: Results From Rendering Transformations Are Integrated Into the Page’s Wiki Markup Source Code”

Please assign the issue to the appropriate component if I got it wrong.