Is solr.SynonymFilterFactory deprecated?

Hi!

Trying to clean-up the startup log of my application server (running Tomcat 9.0.0.M18) with a brand new XWiki 9.11 installation on a Mac OS X 10.11.6 box running Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01).

At startup time I only read this warning…

2018-01-16 14:33:22,044 [coreLoadExecutor-6-thread-1] WARN o.a.s.c.SolrResourceLoader - Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis class [solr.SynonymFilterFactory]. Please consult documentation how to replace it accordingly.

I only find an entry in XWiki email lists archives containing a reference to this class…

http://markmail.org/thread/h35v2iut52r5o24f

And some references to the same class as deprecated in Solr 7.

Thus, should Solr related applications/components in XWiki avoid loading that class? As far as I remember, I found some search related issues in older installations and I would like to be sure I have a decent and updated XWiki before going ahead with further experimentation!

Thanks for your time!

If you’re upgrading from an older version of XWiki then you probably need to delete the Solr data from the permanent directory. Check the release notes for the intermediary versions (between the version your had before and 9.11).

Thanks, Marius. But this is a brand new installation. I’ve started from scratch to have a clean environment and to try to be able to identify the origin of each issue avoiding inheritance from previous installations. Please, does this make any sense for you?

Thanks!

Indeed, I checked my 9.11 instance and I get the same warning. It’s a leftover from a recent Solr upgrade in XWiki. It shouldn’t case any problems, but we need to fix it nevertheless.

OK! I’ll keep following the log of my 9.11 instance prior to moving ahead to a 9.11.1 upgrade! Thanks!