Issue with App Within Minutes

Hi,

I have created a simple app using App Within Minutes. After finishing the configuration dialogs the following problem occurs:

• in the applcation panel on the left side the App Within Minutes applcation is only visible for the user that has created the application (e.g. user1). For any other user the entry in the application panel is missing (e.g. user2).

• when logging in with user2 table headers of the ‘Entries’ table on the application homepage are displayed as ‘.livetable.doc.title’, ‘.livetable.doc.location’ etc. instead of ‘Page Title’, ‘Location’ etc.

The user rights of user1 and user2 are the same therefore I have no idea what is causing this behaviour. Am I missing something? I’d be happy for any suggestions.

At the moment, AWM apps don’t work correctly for other users when they are created by a user who doesn’t have wiki admin right as some features like an application panel entry or translations that are visible to other users are only available to wiki admins. The easiest to fix this would be to re-create the application as a user with wiki admin right.

Thanks for your fast reply! Recreating the app with admin rights solved the errors.

As we want non-admin users to be able to modify/manage the app I have done some tests using a second (non-admin) account using different rights (including admin rights for the app homepage and its children, script right enabled etc.) to edit the app. Each of the tests resulted in an error about rights that are mssing (admin right, script right etc.).

Do you know any way to edit AWM apps without setting global admin rights (after the app has been created by an admin user) using a second user?

Interestingly even using a second admin user (admin right set at wiki level) to edit the app resulted in an error (this time the programming right was missing, see below):

awm-error1

As a relsult the only user that was able to edit/modify the app without errors was the user that was used to create the app.

As the message indicates, programming right might be missing, but this requires manual review. In this case, the script in the Velocity macro doesn’t actually require programming right, so the second admin can safely dismiss this warning. The warning also won’t be presented again when the second admin or another user with the same rights edits the AWM app again.

Any change that involves the name of the app or its icon (involves the entry for the application panel) or the displayed names (involves translations) currently require admin right on the wiki level.

What kind of changes should the other, non-admin user be able to perform?

Ideally the outher, non-admin user sould be able to edit/update the AWM app after it has been created be a wiki admin.

As I think there will be no manual changes to the pages generated by AWM it would be therefore sufficient if

• a new app is created by an admin user (wiki admin rights needed for the application panel etnry etc. as you explained) and

• a non-admin user sould then be able to edit/update the data structure of the app (adding new data fields, updating exisiting ones etc.) via the ‘edit application’ buttion and following the four confiugration steps afterwards