Links to local shares

Is there a chance to make links to files on a local share which are opened and not downloaded when i click the link? xwiki is installed on a local server.

I’m not sure if this a problem with the browser or with xwiki.

yes, see the UNC notation at XWiki Syntaxes (XWiki.org)

You’ll need to tell your browser to allow it (it’s protected by default in most browsers).

yeah i know that there are safety issues with local links and i changed my browser to open local links, but the files where downloaded and not opened.

I think this is controlled through the mime type and there’s an xwiki config property for that.

I see in xwiki.properties:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Attachment
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#-# [Since 5.2M2]
#-# Define the kind of attachment that can be displayed inline. You can either choose to do it through a whitelist
#-# (only the mimetypes defined in this list would be displayed inline) or a blacklist (every mimetype that is not in
#-# this list would be displayed inline if possible).
#-# Note that only one configuration is used between the whitelist and the blacklist, and the whitelist always have
#-# the priority over the blacklist. Also note that these configurations exist for security reason so they are only
#-# impacting attachments added by users who do not have programming rights.
#-# If you want to force downloading some attachments types please check the configuration below.
#-#
#-# By default we use the following whitelist (coma separated list of values).
# attachment.download.whitelist=audio/basic,audio/L24,audio/mp4,audio/mpeg,audio/ogg,audio/vorbis,audio/vnd.rn-realaudio,audio/vnd.wave,audio/webm,image/gif,image/jpeg,image/pjpeg,image/png,image/tiff,text/csv,text/plain,text/xml,text/rtf,video/mpeg,video/ogg,video/quicktime,video/webm,video/x-matroska,video/x-ms-wmv,video/x-flv
#-#
#-# If you prefer to use a blacklist instead, you can define the forbidden types here, as a coma separated list of
#-# values. We advise you to forbid at least the following mimetypes : text/html, text/javascript
# attachment.download.blacklist=text/html,text/javascript

This is for attachments though and I don’t know if it’ll work for UNC links (possibly not).

Do you know what HTML to write to do what you want?

maybe just add target="_top" or better the CSS equivalent

Thanks, i will try that