Make a link for images hosted on localhost

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to make a link to an image hosted on the server ?

I explain :

We use a software to make a map of our infrastructure. This software make a “report” with html files and images files. We would like to see those images on our wiki, but with the possibility to update these images without uploading it everytime. Just an upload via ftp could make the job technically.

Is it possible ? Maybe we have to make a configuration in nginx, but I’m not sure ?

Thank you if you have an idea or a solution.

Regards,

You mean using a UNC link for example?

This is supported by XWiki but you need to allow your browser as it’s usually protected by default for security reasons.

See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/UserGuide/Features/XWikiSyntax/?syntax=2.1&section=Links

Hello,

I don’t think it will be a UNC. I don’t have a definitive idea of how I want to do. I would like to see an image updated frequently, and maybe hosted on the xwiki server for easily find the image.
We just have to update the folder via sftp/rsync or else, from the computer that make the report.

Why not upload the image when it changes, using XWiki’s REST API?

Otherwise you can use the xwiki groovy macro (with programming rights) to access the image locally on the server.

I think I don’t have knowledge about the REST API and the groovy macro. :sweat_smile: