Mark the Task Manager Application as non-recommended

Hi everyone,

Today, the Task Manager Application is marked as recommended on exo, however it seems that the extension has not been maintained for a while :

I have also discussed with @lucaa and @slauriere who are the two declared maintainers of the application today. They have confirmed with me that they don’t plan to maintain the application anymore. This is because XWiki SAS now provides a Pro Task Manager.

So, I would propose that we stop marking this extension as recommended. WDYT ?

Here’s my +1

Thanks,
Clément

1 Like

+1

+1

This is not the criteria, quite the opposite actually:

The extension has to continue to satisfy the following criteria to keep being recommended:
* There have been no bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days. JQL = project = “xxx” AND updated >= -365d and type = Bug
* Or there have been bug issue updated within the past rolling 365 days BUT there have also been issue fixed during those past 365 days. JQL = project = "xxx" AND updated >= -365d and resolution = Fixed. Note: that we consider here that even if the closed issues are not bug ones, it’s enough to justify that there’s been activity to the extension.

The extension passes these criteria (as any stable extension should).

BTW “They have confirmed with me that they don’t plan to maintain the application” is not enough according to Definition of a Recommended Extension (XWiki.org) as there are precise criteria to evaluate the “support” part.

I’ve checked the criteria and there’s only 1 that is not met IMO, it’s Releases are done regularly and at least 1 release exists. If I check the releases, the last one was in 2020 so 3 years ago and that’s not “regularly”.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 16.59.13

I don’t know about Works at least with the latest stable XWiki versions and with the LTS version (when possible. Sometimes an extension will require some new API only available in the stable version).

So +1 for me but only for the reason that there’s been no recent releases.

Thanks!

I’ve now removed the “recommended” flag on exo.