Migrating articles create orphaned pages

Today I clicked XWiki.OrphanedPages and wonder why we have thousands of orphaned pages.

We migrate articles using the api with this call:

/wikis/{wikiName}/spaces/{spaceName}[/spaces/{nestedSpaceName}]*/pages/{pageName}[?prettyNames={true,false}&objects={true,false}&class={true,false}&attachments={true,false}&minorRevision={true,false}]

All pages created this way appear in the orphaned pages livetable.

We do have a test wiki and we test-migrated many times. But we delete all pages via api call before migrating again. If some pages did refuse to delete via api we delete them manually frontend.

Any idea?
Regards, Simpel

Hi, I don’t recall this page from XWiki Standard. Could it be a custom page you have? How do you define orphaned?

I’m pretty sure it’s original as it is created (and modified same date) by superadmin.

This page contains following content:

{{velocity}}
#set ($liveDataConfig = {
  'meta': {
    'propertyDescriptors': [
      { 'id': '_actions', 'displayer': { 'id': 'actions', 'actions': ['copy', 'delete', 'rename', 'rights'] } }
    ]
  }
})
{{liveData
  id='orphanedpages'
  source='liveTable'
  sourceParameters="translationPrefix=platform.index.&orphaned=1"
  properties='doc.name,doc.space,doc.date,doc.author,_actions'
}}$jsontool.serialize($liveDataConfig){{/liveData}}
{{/velocity}}

Code snippets given here will result the same:

Me neither, but seems we do have that: xwiki-platform/OrphanedPages.xml at master · xwiki/xwiki-platform · GitHub

Could it be that we are using WebHome the wrong way?

Example api call:

/wikis/Testwiki/spaces/Space1/spaces/TESTPAGE/pages/WebHome

instead of:

/wikis/Testwiki/spaces/Space1/pages/TESTPAGE

Because the latter creates “terminated pages”. And we don’t want terminated pages.

Created [XWIKI-19782] XWiki.OrphanedPages only supports the old parent reference and not nested pages - XWiki.org JIRA

1 Like