Move XWikiSAS Application Confluence Migrator to contrib

Hello there,

Since the release of Confluence Migrator (Pro), the old Confluence Migrator has not been supported anymore. Instead of deleting the repository, we thought of moving it to contrib so others can still work on it if there is interest.

WDYT?

If we get a green light, a JIRA project would also be useful.

Hi,

Where is it located right now, could you provide a link?

Do you plan to maintain it or not at all? Note that all contrib projects must have a lead assigned to them. Would that be you?

Thanks

PS: When you say “we”, who is this? I’m guessing you mean XWiki SAS, is that right?

This is the repository GitHub - xwikisas/application-confluence-migrator: Migrates content from Confluence to XWiki

No, we don’t plan to maintain it.

@rstavro is the project lead.

Yes.

I’m ambiguous about this proposal:

The bad:

• It feels like this is about dumping some oldish stuff in xwiki-contrib with no maintainer so that doesn’t look good. I’d rather move it to xwiki-attic and IF there’s someone interesting to work on it in the future, it could then be moved to contrib.
  • Moving to contrib would also mean doing a release of it and publishing it on e.x.o and advertising something that’s not maintained is not good. Users are going to try it and have problems/frustrations with it.

The good:

• IF someone is interested to work on it, then they could. But I think XWiki Attic is good enough for that.

So +1 to move to XWiki Attic, -1 to move to XWiki Contrib.

+1 to move to Attic, it’s indeed better because there’s no maintainer.

+1 for the attic

The repository was moved to the attic GitHub - xwiki-attic/application-confluence-migrator: Migrates content from Confluence to XWiki

2 Likes