Moving xwiki from one server to another

Dear community,

I simply would like to know how can I move Enterprise xwiki 4.1.4 running in a windows server to an another windows server. Please list the steps to be done.

Sorry If my question is very basic because I just started using xwiki in the company where I am working now. Unfortunately, After some days, I cannot access the windows server where xwiki is currently running. So I want to move all the contents to another windows server and want to use xwiki from the new server.

Kindly let me know if you need any more details to guide me more on this work.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jabez

Wow that’s old :wink:

In any case you should check:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I have completely copied the default standalone wiki instance from one computer to another.

It is working well in the new computer. But I found that, when I compare the spaces between wiki instances in new and old computer, many pages missing from spaces in new computer(though I copied complete XWIKI enterprise folder)

Could you please tell me where it is going wrong? why pages are missing? (not all pages are missing)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jabez

Hi,

can you provide a few more details please? You never mentioned any database. Did set up a new database server also? Did you backup/restore the database(s) too?
Maybe there is more than one database that you need to copy?

rbr

1 Like

Hi, it is a standalone zipfile installation. so no explicit databases are maintained.

I copied entire folder and trying to run in another computer.

Regards,
Jabez

Hi,

even with the zip files you are using a database, just the in-memory hsqldb. Did you shut down the “old” instance before you copied the installation folder and the permanent directory? That should trigger the save of your current in-memory data to disk.
Else you may not have a consistent or recent database.

rbr

1 Like

Yes. we have in-memory hsqldb. I didn’t sutdown the old instance before I copy installation folder and permanent directory. That might be the reason for inconsistency.

Let me try to shutdown the instance and copy and let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jabez

Indeed hsqldb does not flush everything on disk all the time, the only way to be sure is to properly shut it down.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It works well

Regards,
Jabez