We have 2 issues that have been raised, related to the fact that apps can create pages that don’t respect the naming strategies defined:
Decide that all recommended apps must follow the best practices that apps which need to create app entries (data apps) with names provided by the user should not provide a custom UI but instead rely on the standard page creation UI. In practice this means offering a Template for the app.
- More usability by provided a consistent experience (and ensuring that all such apps have a template)
- Solves the naming strategy validation
- Also solves other consistency issue (basically all features available in the standard create UI become available to the apps - relates to https://forum.xwiki.org/t/application-pages-layout-best-practices/5747 too).
- Give more UI space to the app on its home page (since there’s no create UI)
- No custom UI which in some cases could feel as better for usability (but at the detriment of consistency), so not sure they’re better in the end regarding usability.
Please cast your vote.
Here’s my +1