Not working "Numbered Reference Macro" how to change xwiki.properties ? (docker instance)

I have a recently install docker xwiki instance running. The “Numbered Reference Macro” gives me some problems to get working. Basically the reference does not appear in the output. Then I discovered I need to edit xwiki.properties which I did according to the instructions by adding the line

rendering.transformations = macro, icon, numberedheadings, numberedfigures

However it still won’t budge. Upon inspection the xwiki.properties file reverted to its original status (without my edits). Coincidentally I edited outside docker.

docker cp xwiki.properties xwiki:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/

What’s going on? What would be the proper way to get a correct xwiki.properties file?

Hi, you need to edit the xwiki.properties file located in your mapped perm dir. See xwiki-docker/README.md at master · xwiki/xwiki-docker · GitHub

Excerpt:

The main XWiki configuration files (xwiki.cfg , xwiki.properties and hibernate.cfg.xml ) are available in the mapped local directory for the permanent directory on your host.

FYI these files are copied to the image whenever you start your xwiki container. The very first time, they are copied from the image to the mapped perm dir.

2 Likes

Awsome! Works (should’ve known) Thanks!