Page permissions by non-admin users

Hi,

as I understand I can only apply page permissions when using a group with admin rights. Coming from Confluence, we enabled a culture where people grant page & subpages access individually. Is this possible? I never see the “Administer page” link in the 3-dotted-menu even if I am the page creator, it only shows when I’m xwiki admin.

Applying admin rights on wiki level to users is no option since everything would be wide-open to everybody.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for hints!

Best regards, Fabian

Hi. Indeed, in XWiki ATM, page permissions is considered an Admin action and thus requires admin rights.

Now, you could be admin only for a page (or a page and its children), but an admin user will need to grant you admin rights on that page initially.

I guess one solution (I haven’t thought much about it though), would to write an Event Listener that reacts on page creation and which gives admin rights to the current user for that page.

1 Like

Even space admin right currently implies script right, which might not be intended (but there is a proposal to change that).

Advanced users (setting in the user profile) can edit the rights of the current document by opening the “Access Rights” option of the edit menu (only shown for advanced users next to the edit button).

1 Like

Dear @vmassol , dear @MichaelHamann , thanks for your input. I just discovered the advanced user setting and it might work with that. I also like the event listener idea, so thank you both!