Problem installing Demo Flavor

Hey together,

I want to setup XWiki within my Dockerenvironment which worked 4 months ago but now, while I am trying to setup another new/clean ones smth. odd happens:

Could not find artifact org.xwiki.contrib:macro-jwplayer:xar:2.1.8 in maven-xwiki (https://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/groups/public)
class org.xwiki.extension.repository.LocalExtensionRepositoryException: Failed to save extension [org.xwiki.contrib:macro-jwplayer::xar/2.1.8] descriptor
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.internal.local.DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.storeExtension(DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.java:195)
    at org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.InstallJob.storeExtension(InstallJob.java:186)
    at org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.InstallJob.store(InstallJob.java:171)
    at org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.InstallJob.runInternal(InstallJob.java:140)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.runInContext(AbstractJob.java:243)
    at org.xwiki.job.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:220)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Caused by: class java.io.IOException: Failed to download file for artifact [org.xwiki.contrib:macro-jwplayer:xar:2.1.8]
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionRepository.getFile(AetherExtensionRepository.java:316)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionRepository.openStream(AetherExtensionRepository.java:281)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionFile.openStream(AetherExtensionFile.java:54)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.internal.local.DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.storeExtension(DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.java:183)
    at org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.InstallJob.storeExtension(InstallJob.java:186)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
Caused by: class org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.xwiki.contrib:macro-jwplayer:xar:2.1.8 in maven-xwiki (https://nexus.xwiki.org/nexus/content/groups/public)
    at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.ArtifactTransportListener.transferFailed(ArtifactTransportListener.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$TaskRunner.run(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.aether.util.concurrency.RunnableErrorForwarder$1.run(RunnableErrorForwarder.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector$DirectExecutor.execute(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:628)
    at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:262)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionRepository.getFile(AetherExtensionRepository.java:309)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionRepository.openStream(AetherExtensionRepository.java:281)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.aether.internal.AetherExtensionFile.openStream(AetherExtensionFile.java:54)
    at org.xwiki.extension.repository.internal.local.DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.storeExtension(DefaultLocalExtensionRepository.java:183)

It is the only extension which prevents me from installing that specific Flavor which is the only ones shown besides the standart Flavor and I don’t know why this happens because Index of /groups/public/org/xwiki/contrib/macro-jwplayer/2.1.8 exists at the mentioned URL :thinking:

I am unsure how many extensions are getting pre-installed before entering the XWiki’s setup but my extension folder has a bunch of extentions shown but on that specific extenion it fails.

Could it be missing perms maybe? But on the other side I am not getting any erros within the XWiki’s logs so I have only this to provide and hope to get some help.

I searched for this behavior but couldn’t find anything (used google, bugtracker, plugins page, …).

Any help is welcome :slight_smile:

Actually it (= the XAR) doesn’t exist at that URL. What exists is a POM module, see Index of /groups/public/org/xwiki/contrib/macro-jwplayer/2.1.8

What you want is probably Index of /groups/public/org/xwiki/contrib/macro-jwplayer-ui/2.1.8

Thx

Indeed, the problem is that the ID of that extension changed, but the demo flavor depends on a range of the old ID. This should probably be fixed by using the new ID in the dependency @vmassol.

Now this is an optional dependency, so ideally it should be skipped, but the EM is fooled by the explicit type indicated in the pom. That part should be improved ideally, but checking if the indicated type actually exist during the extension plan resolution would slow it down quite a bit (especially for an extension with so many dependencies).

Hello tmortagne and vmassol,

I am having the same issue with the Xwiki Step 2 - Demo Flavor 1.1 by getting the errror message
“… Could not find artifact org.xwiki.contrib:macro-jwplayer:xar:2.1.8 in maven-xwiki (Index of /groups/public) …”
When I open the path https://nexus. … /public I do not see the maven-xwiki.
My main problem is that I am new to this topic and do not know how to change the setting from that link to Index of /groups/public/org/xwiki/contrib/macro-jwplayer/2.1.8.

This also raises another question for me on how to install extensions manually within xwiki?

Thanks
uniquegch

Note: The demo flavor needs to be removed since I haven’t been maintaining it for a long time and it’s not that useful in practice IMO. See Remove the demo flavor?

Are you behind a proxy?

Index of /groups/public/org/xwiki/contrib/macro-jwplayer/2.1.8 is working well here. So you need to solve this network issue first. What error does your browser give?

Hello vmassol,

thanks for your replies. Ok noted to not install the Demo Flavor. No that instant is in my LAN and not behind a proxy.

I am getting now other issues for which I will open two seperate

Hello vmassol,

did a clean setup of the XWiki docker container and installed the default Flavor, which was able to get through even the docker container for xwiki (not the DB related container) stopped a couple of time, but I just restarted it and kept going. thanks alot for all the work everyone has contributed to make XWiki possible. Now it is time for to learn xwiki and hopefully I can contribute in an effective manner.

1 Like