Problem When Adding Attachments Using Drag and Drop & Realtime

(XWiki Debian 10.11.2)

I’m able to drag files into an open Wysiwyg editor, which will automatically upload the document as an attachment and create a link to it in the document.

However, the document cannot be saved anymore afterwards - which is especially annoying if the attachment wasn’t the only thing changed in the current editing session…

That’s probably not the intended behaviour?

Also note that this error message box is not even visible of the Wysiwyg editor is running in fullscreen mode - the user clicks “save” and simply nothing happens, but (s)he also is not able to edit any more after clicking “save” and will not have any idea, why this is the case.

Shall I file a bug for both of these issues, or file two separate bugs and link them?

You’re using the realtime extension apparently.

So you can file any issue you find against the realtime extension.

I do, but a Realtime Session wasn’t active in this case. (Realtime Checkbox disabled in the editor.)

I’ll file it for RTWYSIWYG and see what happens. :slight_smile:

The issue is that file upload in WYSIWYG creates a new revision of the page and I guess the Realtime extension doesn’t take that into account.

Note that this is related to the work we’re currently doing in:

I believe CKEDITOR-280 would fix the problem with the realtime too.

EDIT: @GOhrner this mean you can report an issue for the realtime editor if you want so that other users can find the problem but we’ll close it as a duplicate of CKEDITOR-280.

I already filed RTWYSIWYG-81 yesterday, I now linked it to CKEDITOR-280 as a duplicate, but I don’t have the permission to already close it as a duplicate.

I already filed RTWYSIWYG-81 yesterday, I now linked it to CKEDITOR-280 as a duplicate, but I don’t have the permission to already close it as a duplicate.

Better is to leave it open IMO. Even after closing CKEDITOR-280 we might need to do some work on RTEditor side to complete it. Thanks for opening the issue anyway :slight_smile: