Problems with annotations

Hello friends! Need help!

Something happened in my XWIKI: annotations in some articles were converted to comments. They are in the “Comments” tab, but they are absent in the “Annotations” tab. Also, the selection of annotated fragments in the text disappeared, and links to them in the “Comments” tab do not work.

And that is not all ((

Now annotations are assigned not to the selected text, but to its first copy on the page.

If I have 2 paragraphs with the same words in my article, then when I annotate the text in the second paragraph, the annotation, after saving, jumps to the same text in the first paragraph.

If I annotate a heading in an article with a table of contents, the annotation jumps from the highlighted heading to its copy in the table of contents. If you delete the table of contents, the annotation is in the correct place (heading in the text).

Here is a screen recording of this effect: https://youtu.be/2_f_6UX0V8k

This effect appeared a few days ago, it did not exist before.

Clearing the browser cache and restarting XWIKI did not help.

Please, tell me what is the reason and how to fix it?

XWIKI version 13.5

Note that Annotations have been merged with comments several years ago. You probably upgraded from a very old version. Also note that we always mention upgrade things like this in the release notes with explanations about what you need to do.

Merged in XWiki 4.0M2! wow :slight_smile: Blast from the past! https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Annotations%20Application#HThreadedAnnotations

Sorry, probably I didn’t explain it well.

The annotations were made on version 13.5.
Previously, everything was fine, annotations were displayed in both the “Annotations” tab and the “Comments” tab.
But yesterday I discovered that in some articles (not all), annotations disappeared from the “Annotations” tab and stopped showing in the text (highlighting disappeared).
And also the links to the fragments of the text, for which they were written, stopped working (see screenshot). The text of the article has not been edited.
2021-09-21_133040-1
Rolling back to previous versions didn’t fix anything. What could have happened?

At the same time, I see that each annotation has its own anchor (#ID), but the transition to it does not occur. It seems that the annotation anchor information has somehow disappeared… 2021-09-21 14_36_56