I’m pleased to announce the fifth alpha version of the Replication Application.
The focus of this version were:
- add the concept of readonly replication (currently only in the backend and not yet exposed in the UI)
- give more information about the status of the replication for each page
- what is the replication link with each registered instance
- were all the messages sent and if not why
- force a replication in case of lost message or to debug a network problem (only visible to admins)
It also contains various bugfixes.
See more details on Replication Application (XWiki.org) .
The plan for 0.6 is not so much to add new features but more to improve the UI and better expose what currently exist, but I will also work on making sure that it’s possible to swap the default replication controller with a completely different custom system (it’s theoretically the case already, but you always find stuff when you do real experiments).