RTWYSIWYG unusual behavior or bug

Hello everyone,

I couldn’t find any info on this onywhere, so a quick question here if anybody has encountered the same issue which we are having:
We have set up a XWiki 12.10.7 in Docker which works fine. Pretty much no issues at all (which blew our minds, its our first time using xwiki, the experience is great so far), except for the Real Time WYSIWYG feature:

• When creating a new page, the option “Allow Realtime Collaboration” is available and works.
  • When editing an existing page, the option is not available at all.
  • However, when selecting “Information” in the dropdown menu, and then pressing edit, the option becomes available. (Why could that be? O.o)
  • The mentioned way, to get into the editor via the “information” dropdown, does locks the page for users which used the same route. But it does not lock the normal page (hitting edit when visiting the normal page shows no locking information)
  • You cannot join a real time editing session by hitting edit on the page itself.
  • Now, when a real time Collaboration is active and you want to join, you have to go into the Information menu, edit, select force editing (since the page somehow is now locked) and then select “Allow Realtime Collaboration” and you will be connected to the active Real time instance, which works perfectly…

I am pretty sure that this is not the way this should work. Has anybody go any idea why this strange Behavior might happen?

I already posted this in reddit, to see if someone there has seen the same issue.

Best Regards