Search not working

Hey dear XWiki-community,
I have set up an XWiki installation and configured the language to be german. I have created a handful of pages and other users have as well. Those pages all share the same language. If i search words which appear on all of these pages, only some of the pages I created show up (and those only show the headings, not the page content, although the word also appears there) and none of the user-created ones.
I was searching like this word (wildcards on both ends to be sure to catch all of them) and already tried re-indexing, but to no avail.
Is this a common problem? How can I fix my wiki search?

Edit: I read that the page language changes the way Solr indexes. Maybe the german language does not work well with Solr?

Solution: I had to change the language in order for Solr to index properly.

Hi, how did you change the language and to what language? Iā€™m experiencing the same weird behaviour with Czech and English pages under one wiki.

I was using ā€œGerman (Austria)ā€ and changed it to ā€œGermanā€ (in the wiki administration under ā€œcontentā€ and ā€œlocalisationā€).
All the pages which had been created in ā€œGerman (Austria)ā€ had to be re-created (I copied the old pageā€™s content from the source editor to the new page).

Thanks for your reply. I would really appreciate some explanation from the xwiki team on why this is happening :slight_smile:. Recreating pages seems impossible to me, thereā€™s many hundreds of them that would need it.

Maybe thereā€™s another way. I am new to XWiki and could not find a quick way of changing a pageā€™s language, unfortunately.
Depending on where the wiki stores its page information, you may be able to adapt the language via SQL or a multi-ā€œsearch and replaceā€ in the file system (e.g. via notepad++).

Changing a language can be done in Edit mode, on the Information tab under the page content area. You can select Locale there.
SniĢmek obrazovky 2021-10-05 v 12.05.25

But only one by one, unfortunately :confused:

Thatā€™s true. I once did a bulk change of locale in the database and it worked well (although it took some time to figure out the correct query): update xwikidoc set xwd_default_language = 'cs' where xwd_default_language in ('en', 'en_US', 'cs_CZ'); COMMIT;

1 Like

Office Imports have no language assigned in my wiki. I wanted to change the documentā€™s language in edit mode, but am not able:
grafik

Any idea why?