Solr not indexing Page Titles

Hi,

I’m having a problem with xwiki search using Solr.

It appears that it fails to index all the page titles, when I search for some page title they appear, but others don’t. This happens in both the search page and in the search suggestions.

I’ve tried to reindex and the problem remains.

Any help on where I could search for errors to find out what’s happening?

Regards

Hi @pjs! Can you see any difference in the languages of the pages that behave differently? Are you in a multilingual wiki environment?

Hi @acotiuga, indeed we have a multilingual wiki and I’ve noticed that the pages that are missing don’t have any language set, maybe this is what’s preventing their indexation?

Any way to change this besides changing the language in each page that’s missing?

Regards

Hi @pjs

what’s your version of XWiki?
We fixed very recently such issue, see: Loading...
We also noticed a similar bug related to Brazilian locale, but the fix is not released yet, see: Loading...

Hi,

We are using version 14.10.4.

From what I’ve seen, the pages that aren’t indexed have this language setting:

not_indexed

The ones that are being indexed have a language defined.

Hi,

so @ilie.andriuta performed some tests using same config of the wiki (same languages) and apparently he did not reproduced the bug.
Have you upgraded the wiki recently? If yes, from which version? And also do you use a remote solr server?

Hi,

We upgraded from 14.10.3 last Wednesday (Feb 8th) but I think this problem was already present. We also activated multilingual support, could it be related to this?

Regards

Hi,

I’ve been told we started noticing issues with the search in the 13 → 14 upgrade.

Regards

We never used a remote solr server.

Regards

Hi,

Any ideas on what to do? From what we’ve seen setting the default language to English in each page does the trick.

Any chance we can change all pages at once?