Strange "numbers" in search results after upgrade to 13.10.2

Hi,

I have upgraded my wiki hosted on myxwiki to version 13.10.2 … and now numbers are displayed before page name in search results like shown below …

Note: as far as I know there is no custimization done for the “search result page” on my wiki … thus I think this display glich affects / will affect all Wiki instances running version 13.10.2

Hi, maybe check with your browser’s dev tool to see where the CSS is coming from.

I don’t think it’s coming from XWiki Standard. I’ve also updated my wiki on myxwiki.org and I don’t get this issue, see for example https://massol.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Search?text=testcontainer&f_type=DOCUMENT&f_locale=en&f_locale=&r=1

Hi,

You’re right this strange numbering seems to come from the extension http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Numbered+Headings

I may rather use the (new?) https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Numbered%20Content/Numbered%20Headings%20Application/ but this extension is not shown in the results when I’m searching with extension manager :confused:.

In the extension manager, you need to click on “More”, then uncheck “Recommended only” before looking for “Numbered Headings Application”.

Screenshot from 2022-01-25 10-41-17

Once this application will become recommended, this step will not be needed.

I also don’t find it. Could it be because of the compatibility 14.0+ ?

regards
Gerd

If your wiki is older than 13.10 then yes it won’t show. You can uncheck “compatible version” to see it though.

Version 1.1 of the extension requires XWiki 13.10+ (the 14.0+ was an error, I’ve fixed it). So in theory it should work on myxwiki.org which is on 13.10.2. Note that the next version (1.2) will require XWiki 14.0 though.

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your replies :+1:.

I’ve found the extension but yet I’m stucked in the automatic installation process because my user is missing some programming rights:

Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Wiki tutos] for user xxx

Hi all,

After a removal and a re-install of the “Numbered Headings extension” … the numbers have disappeared from search results :clown_face: … see new results on the same exact search as above (see 1st post) => no more numbers!

It’s a complete mystery for me …

Hi all,

Is there a way to install the new Numbered Headings Application on myxwiki ?

Yet I’m receiving following error when performing the install of this extension:
Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Wiki tutos] for user [xwiki:XWiki.xrichard]

Thanks for your help,

Note: I have already raised this question and didn’t receive any answer (see above) and I’m particularly interested in this extension now … since it allows to activate the number heading by UI :clap:

Thanks a lot for your interest for this new extension, I’m eager to see it tried.
Sadly, the activation UI feature requires XWiki 14.0+ whereas myxwiki is currently on XWiki 13.10.2.

@tmortagne should know better than me when an upgrade is planned.

Note that I just upgraded MyXWiki.org to 14.0.

1 Like

@tmortagne : thanks for the info => Update to XWiki 14.0 in progress …

I will let you know …

Hi all,

I have performed successfully the upgrade to 14.0 for my Wiki hosted on MyXwiki.org but … I’m still stucked in the extension “Numbered Headings Application V1.2” install because of programming rights limitations :confused: => see below.

Can someone either perform this extension install for me? (on https://tutos.myxwiki.org) or give me (temporary) the required rights?

Thanks,

I will let @mleduc think about what is the best setup for this extension in an environment like myxwiki.org :wink:

Thanks for the feedback @xrichard.
May I ask you to fill an issue on the NCAPP project on Jira ?I’ll fix this as soon as possible.

Requiring programming right is expected to install a JAR extension, so no bug here.

Is there a way to get these rights for my user on myxwiki? even temporary to perform the install (assuming these programming rights are not needed to “run” the extension …).

I thinks the other option may be to “re-write” :scream: the extension … but I bet @mleduc won’t agree :yum:.

Hopefully it won’t be a full rewrite :slight_smile:
The jar installation can be solved by installing them at farm level.
But I also found out another part of the application that requires Programming rights. In the current state, the CKEditor assistance is not working if the UI is installed without Programming rights (see [NCAPP-46] CKEditor plugins are not activated when the application is installed by an user without PR - XWiki.org JIRA). I’ll try to fix that as soon as possible (I won’t be able to dedicate time to that until in two weeks at best though).

@mleduc Ok, I’m not in a hurry because I have found a workaround to make my “old numbering extension” work again after wiki upgrade.

Let me know, here, your progress … I’ll be happy to be an early adopter of your extension :joy:.

Have a nice week-end,