Thank you XWiki committers!

To XWiki committers,

I’d like to thank all the XWiki committers who are making XWiki possible and who have been working relentlessly on XWiki for so many years. It takes a lot of dedication to do that, day after day, for so many years.

Most of them are sponsored by XWiki SAS but that doesn’t diminish their feat. They could have gotten bored, wanted to move and join some other project, stopped believing in XWiki, etc.

I’m so glad and happy to be working among these passionate developers. This is a big part of what makes me continue working on XWiki.

Every single day they get questions and complaints from this forum from users and it’s not often that they get congratulated. So I just wanted to say a big thank to them! :slight_smile: You rock!

XWiki users may not be aware of that but a good number of XWiki committers have been here for a (very) long time (showing their dedication). Here’s a list of very active committers with more than 2 years of longevity in the project (I hope I didn’t forget anyone!):

• Thomas (tmortagne): First commit on 19 Sep 2007, so 11 years, 1 month, 17 days
  • Marius (mflorea): First commit on 19 Dec 2007, so 10 years, 10 months, 17 days
  • Caty (evalica): First commit on 21 Jan 2010, so 8 years, 9 months, 15 days
  • Edy (Enygma2002): First commit on 2 Oct 2011, so 7 years, 1 month, 3 days
  • Guillaume (gdelhumeau): First commit on 4 Sep 2012, so 6 years, 2 months, 1 day
  • Clemens (ClemensRobbenhaar): First commit on 24 Jul 2013, so 5 years, 3 months, 12 days
  • Alex (acotiuga): First commit on 30 Marc 2016, so 2 years, 7 months, 6 days

Then of course there are plenty of others (new committers such as Clement, Adel, and old ones who commit less regularly but who are still here: Ludovic - creator of XWiki -, Anca, etc). There are new contributors who will hopefully become committers too such as Simon…

Then there are also contributors who are not committers but who help the project a lot every day, such as Ilie (doing testing) and Caty on design (but also a committer, see above!).

Thank you all!
-Vincent

6 Likes

P.S: I’ve added also the github ids because some people might not know us by our nicknames :slight_smile:

Thank you Vincent for this post. It’s really nice to see how your work is affecting other people around you and indeed we are creating a beautiful piece of software.

You forgot also to mention yourself :slight_smile: so:

• Vincent (vmassol): First commit on 13 Oct 2006, so 12 years, 23 days ago. Vincent is keeping us focused on the roadmaps and on the quality of XWiki. I am trying hard to slowly make XWiki perfect so that Vincent would be happy :slight_smile:

There are so many contributors and past committers and we have some of them listed in the Hall Of Fame.

I also want to mention:

• Sergiu (sdumitriu): First commit on 15 Dec 2006, with 11662 all time commits and the reason why I got introduced in this nice community. Indeed, Sergiu doesn’t have as much time as in the ‘old’ times to contribute, but still had lot of time and passion invested in XWiki.

Sometimes when you see so long time members in a project, that might discourage new people in joining, so I’m very happy to see that in the past year we also injected new blood in the project. Also the users are constantly reporting improvements and helping with the documentation. So I want to thank everyone for helping out and investing in XWiki’s future. Thank you!

3 Likes