I’ve an old confluence wiki that I wish to migrate to xwiki, and I was thinking of doing it this way:
- create the new xwiki and set it up just the way I like
- create a subwiki called test with minimal setup
- import the confluence xml file into test using the confluence xml import plugin
- migrate the pages over to the parent space - basically to give myself the chance to vet the pages one by one and clean up any errors in the pages caused by the export/import process.
My thinking behind this is that I would prefer to import into a seperate subwiki that I could then delete after I’m done so I’m not left with any cruft behind from the import.
So my questions are
- has anyone done a large migration?
- does my approach sound reasonable, or do you have a better recommendation?
- is there a way to move pages between a subwiki and a parent wiki should I chose to go this route? Or do I just export/import as a XAR file between the wikis?
Thanks for any advice you may have on this matter.