Unable to enable LDAP Authentication

Hi All,

I have spent two weeks on this but have not been successful in enabling LDAP authentication on our xwiki. This is a fresh install of XWiki. I am quite familiar with LDAP and have it running on few of our other linux servers in our environment. I have two issues with this.

Firstly, I’m unable to install the extension. If I search for the extension, sometimes it shows up in the search results and other times it doesn’t. Even if it shows up in the list available extensions, even after installing it, I am unable to see it in the Local Installed Extensions. Twice I was able to see it in the local extensions but after a server reboot, it disappeared again.

Second issue I have is with the actual LDAP. If the extension installs successfully and I go to enable LDAP, I can see the following message.

The current authentication service cannot be modified because it’s controlled by the xwiki.cfg configuration file.

Only once was I able to see the option to enable it but that also disappeared after a server reboot.

Below is my xwiki.cfg configuration as well:

xwiki.authentication.authclass=org.xwiki.contrib.ldap.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl
xwiki.authentication.ldap=1
xwiki.authentication.ldap.trylocal=1
xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=192.168.8.4
xwiki.authentication.ldap.port=389
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=CN=svc_xwiki,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Users OU,DC=contoso,DC=NET
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass={1}
xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN=ou=contoso,dc=net
xwiki.authentication.ldap.UID_attr=sAMAccountName
xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,email=mail,phone=telephoneNumber
xwiki.authentication.ldap.update_user=1

How do I restart the XWiki services after making change to xwiki.cfg?

Any ideas if there is something I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Confused