Unable to use https://l10n.xwiki.org

Hi,

https://l10n.xwiki.org is unusable… can someone have a look?

Note: it looks like an old header is displayed on top of Weblate server to inform users that an upgrade has been done but 1. it looks like this information is wrong ; 2. the link provided in the header leads to an old forum thread.

Thanks for your help,

Hi @xrichard

yes we’re aware about the problems with Weblate since friday. Apparently we’re hitting the same bug we had few months ago which was never properly fixed because we don’t manage to correctly identify it. So the header is actually still accurate even if the upgrade happened some months ago.

Right now I don’t have many choices to fix this: last time I had to revert translations to get it back working. Here we’re getting a bit more information about the source of the problem so I hope to get some helps from Weblate maintainer to fix it, but there’s no guarantee.
I will put a new header to inform about the current situation, and keep you informed in this thread, but for now we can just wait.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok thanks for your reply, may the force be with you :muscle:

I’ll be waiting for your updates here.

So for information I apparently have been able to fix our bug with weblate, so you can resume your work with it. Don’t hesitate to tell us if you see some problems.

Thanks

Good news, thanks :+1:!

Instead of creating a new topic, I’ll leave a message here as it relates to it (even marked as solved).

Some strange things are happening with l10n. I’ve translated versions that I’d like to apply. However, after I click (second time or third time) on icon :heavy_plus_sign: to add a new translation section or briefly on 2nd / 3rd creation of a new section. I’ll log out automatically with a redirection on the login page with a warning message Your request was declined because you recently took too many actions. When you’re logged out, sign in, and try again later.

I don’t know the cause of it, but this can happen several times or never.

Can you tell me for which component you’d like to add a new language. I’ll try to do the same operation and see how it goes.
Also, do you remember if you ever manage to do such operation successfully?

No problemo, you can try to create empty section for this XWiki Platform - українська @ Weblate XWiki.org or I assume same can be with any other translations which have blank sections (not even created).

And yes, last weekends I managed to create 5 section and translated them without any issue.

I tried this one XWiki Platform/XWiki.XWikiSyntaxParameters — Ukrainian @ Weblate XWiki.org
It is also accessible for you ? I dare not translate into Ukrainian though :wink:

Yeap, I can reach it. Also another one XWiki Platform/XWiki.Notifications.Macro — українська @ Weblate XWiki.org after I press create translations

But I’ll repeat myself, this might happen on next creation translations.

Looking deeply into Webplate documentation, I’ve found a related section Переклад за допомогою Weblate — Weblate 4.15.1 documentation about not issue, but behavior why does exactly this happen.

Now I see why I got blocked by Webplate. However, checking this section Додаткові модулі Weblate — Weblate 4.15.1 documentation, the limit on creation new language is 2.

My steps (performed in one tab):

1. Go to XWiki Platform - українська @ Weblate XWiki.org or any language that has not translated sections of xwiki-platform (can be used XWiki Platform - польська @ Weblate XWiki.org
  2. Press button “Create translation” or :heavy_plus_sign: on not translated section
  3. You’ll redirect to it
  4. Go back to page in step 1 (Alt + :arrow_backward: )
  5. Performed steps 2-4 again and again for new section

Result:
On 3rd attempt, you’ll be redirected into log in page (logout) with warning message

There’s an open issue Do not logout user on rate limiting · Issue #5528 · WeblateOrg/weblate (github.com)

So apparently this has been fixed in Weblate 4.18 which has been released today: Release Weblate 4.18 · WeblateOrg/weblate · GitHub

Upgrade ticket for Weblate is: Loading...

Hi.

I’m not sure if it’s really fixed. I was rate limited today while creating the third (or fourth?) new component translation:

Ihr Antrag wurde abgelehnt, weil Sie in letzter Zeit zu viele Aktionen durchgeführt haben. Bitte später erneut versuchen.

Translated to english like:

Your application has been rejected because you have taken too many actions recently. Please try again later.

As I got informed about 13 new components this night I like to translate as much as I can or for as long as I feel like it.

(Before I created new german translations for the new components I translated about 10 - 20 new labels to already existing components.)

Simpel

Let me check because currently it says Weblate 4.18.2

UPDATE: indeed, on 3rd creation, I log out.

After waiting some time (about as long as it took to create my post above - 15 minutes?) I can create new german translations to new components.

Yes, according to Optional Weblate modules - Weblate 4.18.2 documentation. It’s 10 mins lock.

1 Like

We could discuss about relaxing a bit the rate limit. Right now according to the doc linked by @nikpetrenko the one you hit is probably the “language” rate limit which is about starting translation into a new language and which is limited to 2 in 5 minutes AFAICS.

Now this situation is a bit exceptional: we noticed yesterday that we got multiple missing components and I created them all at once yesterday… So in theory it shouldn’t happen often.

So don’t hesitate to open a proposal in a new thread if you believe we should relax the rate limit in the future. Frankly, right now I’m not sure we really need it, but I never hit it so I imagine it can be frustrating for you.

1 Like

Now knowing it’s 10 minutes timeout I can handle it.