The TLDR version of my question is, if I choose the Uninstall from farm option for the following apps/extensions, should they also be removed from subwikis?
- Tour Application
- Bootstrap Tour
- Sandbox Application
- Invitation Application
- Share Page Application
- Help Application
What I’m experiencing is that for each of the applications above, when I choose the Uninstall from farm option, a red error message appears in the log output:
Extension [****] is not installed
I continue, the app is removed from the Top-Level wiki but, if I go to the subwiki, the apps are still installed.
- Fresh install XWiki
- Complete Distribution Wizard, selecting the Standard Flavour
- Add a subwiki, selecting the Standard Subwiki Flavour and mark the subwiki as a Template.
- Wait for subwiki to be created.
- Go back to top-level wiki.
- Uninstall the applications above using the Uninstall from farm option.
- See red error message in log output.
- Go to subwiki
- The tour will still load but if you go to the extensions management and search for the ones above, they will appear as being installed.
As I think of the process now, I can’t remember whether I’ve gone to the subwiki once it has been created or whether after the creation process says completed I go straight to the extension management to remove the apps/extensions. If I get chance, I’ll try out both the exact instructions above and the steps above but with visiting the subwiki after it’s created.
I make the point about visiting the subwiki because, when I was doing a v12 to v13 upgrade, I found that after the upgrade the apps above had been reinstalled. As such, I went to uninstall them again from the Top level wiki; however, when going to each subwiki, the apps were still there. What I found was that the upgrade process didn’t really “finish” on a subwiki until it was actually visited. The finishing of the upgrade process also reinstalled all the apps, even if they weren’t installed in the top-level wiki.
Thanks in advance,