Uploading attachment - TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'textContent')

short update, I don’t know if it’s turning off of the addblocker or something else but I could now change the FileSizeValidation file (with the ‘empty newline’) so that it no longer gives the rightserror.

Upon further inspection it seems that the cookie deletion must be a local issue; when I close edge and open it again the page loads normally - and others dont have the same issue. (nb. I double checked cookies dont auto delete upon closing the browser)

Unfortunately despite these developments the issue remains!

updated to 15.0 , no effect on the issue :frowning:

I’ve done some more searching and it seems my initial answer on the ‘skin customisation’ was incorrect (I’m also not sure if you didnt mean custom skins like ‘flamingo’, which we use), and while I’m learning a lot about xwiki I feel bad for supplying you with wonky information (despite my best attempts) - apologies!

Anyhoo: I forgot about all of this but initially while searching for a way to get a top bar on the wiki I did add an xwiki.xwikiskin obbject to the flamingo baseskin

It was entirely empty except a commented out html in the ‘header’ section … … but when I removed the customisation… the error dissapeared! it works now!

The whole thing seems odd to me and I have no way the implications this might have but I’m very happy the issue is gone!

Thank you v. much @mleduc , couldnt have done it without you

1 Like