User Profile Not Editable (Photo, User Information) - Using LDAP?

Good Day,
We have an issue where the User Profile (User Information and Photo) does not have any editing icons appearing for our users. All these users had accounts successfully created after authenticating with their LDAP sign-on. They are also able to correctly create/edit pages, spaces, etc., and all the users appear in the XWikiAllGroup group. Under Administration: Rights, the group has the following boxes checked:

• View
  • Comment
  • Edit
  • Script

A couple other observations:

• Photos (not editable) do appear for a few users – looks like it’s automatically syncing from our Microsoft AD based on the LDAP settings.
  • No issues for our admins changing their profile
  • I have a test account (non LDAP) with regular ‘Edit’ levels and it lets me edit profile.
  • The User Profile settings are the basic ones from your app page.

Thanks in advance for your help, and appreciate all your efforts. You have a very fine product!

xwiki-ldap-settings

Could you editor one of the user profile with the issue with object editor (see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/UserGuide/Features/PageEditing#HObjectseditingmode) and see if it contains a right object which give edit right to the user (that’s supposed to be how users are allowed to editor their own profile and not others).

Thanks Thomas for the information and quick reply.

I edited the objects of one of the profiles. Attached is a screen of the type, “XWiki.XWikiRights”.

It looks like the permissions are enabled for editing?

edit-objects-profile-rights

Yes but for some reason you have two users in there instead of just the owner of the profile.