User Profile Notifications Preferences error

Hello,

I’ve just updated to the last version of xwiki (15.9) but I have this issue since some release. When we go to any user profile → Notification we get a “Failed to execute the [velocity] macro. Cause: [Encountered “” at xwiki:XWiki.XWikiUserSheet[line 64, column 5]” under email preferences. And we also notice that the “wheels” keep turnign under “Applications”. How can I fix those issues? Sorry for my poor English.

2023-10-17_11h04_52

Thank you very much for the help.

Hi,

This sounds like you somehow broke some pages of the Notification Applications containing the macros for settings (probably during an upgrade). You can try to repair it but first you need to understand what pages have been modified: in Administration > Extension you can look for the installed extensions “Notifications Application” and “Notifications Macro”, and then perform “Compute changes” action on them, available when opening the menu by clicking on the arrow next to “uninstall”:

You should see some differences on some pages.

Oh my… there are so many pages with differences… It fixes some issue but now in the profiles pages almost every items are blank…

Is there a way to “bulk” extensions to the last version directly? I don’t know if I’ve used the good way to repair the pages but what I did is:

1. Open the page with differences
  2. Checked the history version of the pages and rollback to the 15.9

Is it the way to fix the pages?

Once again, is there a way to have a “vanilla” of the 15.9? Except for the content of the wiki?

Thank you so much surli for your help.