Wiki Manager missing translations after upgrade to 10.2

Hi,

I recently upgraded the xwiki 10.1 debian packages to xwiki 10.2 and it looks like the installations for the Wiki Manager are now missing (see attached images). Has anybody else seen this?

rbr

Hi. Yes I have an idea. It’s not related to the debian upgrade but to the Distribution Wizard (DW) execution. It probably means that you upgraded your wiki pages with a user not having Programming Rights (PR). See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade#HUpgradingwikidocuments since there are several other features that are not going to work anymore.

I’ve checked and the translations you mention are located in WikiManager.Transaltions and are registered with a GLOBAL scope (hence requiring Programming Rights).

This is something we need to improve. FTM all you’ll need is to resave those pages with a user having PR.

Hi,

I’m somewhat confident that this is not the case:

1. This is my playground environment having only one user. So if the DW was not run with some anonymous user it had to pick the one user.

2. All pages were saved by this one user. Which suggests that the DW ran with the right user.

3. I updated the extensions including subwiki theme extension to 10.2 or latest using the extension updater which ran with my only user (although I’m not sure if this is related).

Thanks for your help.

rbr

Hi,

any further ideas? Where are the translations located, so I can check if they are still there?

rbr

I’ve already replied to that:

I’ve checked and the translations you mention are located in WikiManager.Transaltions and are registered with a GLOBAL scope (hence requiring Programming Rights).

I also replied to that and I’m almost 100% sure about what I said. Just try what I suggested and see if it helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

I resaved all pages mentionend in the upgrade page, as suggested, although each and every one of them was already saved by my only user, which has PR. But this did not help. So the DW wizard actually ran with the right user.
What I found was that none of the missing translation keys was mentionend in the WikiManager.Translations page so that made me suspicious. After comparing the versions it looks like the “global” page was overwritten by one of a subwiki. After reverting to the “global” version everything is working again.
Now I’m really puzzled how I managed to overwrite the global version with a subwiki version. Because IIRC the only thing I did was updating the debs and then updating the extensions???

rbr