XWiki Not Working After apt-get update (500 Server Error)

Hi all,

I was running XWiki on an Ubuntu VM and decdied to run updates on the VM. Afterward when I restarted the VM, I noitced the wiki was showing a 500 error when I went to visit it. Here is the error

Here is a copy of the latest logfile from xwiki posted on pastebin

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25106941/

Let me know if you need any additional information regarding this error in order to help me. Thanks in advance.

the error is “org.infinispan.jmx.JmxDomainConflictException: ISPN000034: There’s already a JMX MBean instance type=CacheManager,name=“xwiki” already registered under ‘org.xwiki.infinispan’ JMX domain.”.

It means you’re already running an XWiki instance in the servlet container. You can only run one at a time inside the same servlet container.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. The thing is, as far as I am aware I am not running two instances, i just did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade on my xwiki VM and now the Wiki won’t load. How would I go about checking if I have two xwiki servlets running at the same time? All I know is it worked fine before, and after the upgrade I am getting this error. What config files should i be checking?

I noticed the following item in the log file from my server

org.infinispan.jmx.JmxDomainConflictException: ISPN000034: There's already a JMX MBean instance type=CacheManager,name="xwiki" already registered under 'org.xwiki.infinispan' JMX domain. If you want to allow multiple instances configured with same JMX domain enable 'allowDuplicateDomains' attribute in 'globalJmxStatistics' config element

How do I go about setting that attribute? I have searched the filesystem on my vm for globalJmxStatistics and the only place i see it is inside of a .jar file

rtroiano@wiki:/usr/lib/xwiki/WEB-INF/cache/infinispan$ grep -Ril "globalJmxStatistics" /usr/lib/xwiki/
/usr/lib/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/infinispan-core-8.2.6.Final.jar

My knowledge in terms of how java works is very limited, but if someone can point me in the right direction I am sure I can figure it out.

You might want to take a look at the warning in http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationViaAPT#HXWikiasrootwebapp if you configured XWiki as root webapp.