Xwiki notifications - unknown macro notifications

Hello xwiki Team,

I have a xwiki instance running in which the notifications are not working.
I got an error message saying: “unknown macro: notifications The “notifications” macro is not in the list of registered macros. Verify the spelling or contact your administrator.”

Is that a known issue?
How can I add the notifications macro to the list of registered macros?

best regards

Aaron
notifications2

Depends how you installed XWiki I guess. If you’ve used the standard ways, and installed the Standard Flavor then it must be there.

You can check the differences you have in your wiki vs the Standard Flavor by computing changes, see Extension Manager Application (XWiki.org)

It’s important you do this since if you’re missing this macro you could be missing other things too.

thanks for your reply,

I installed the Standard Flavour.
But I was running the compute changes function for the Notifications Macro extension and I did get some changes.
So I’m not really sure what to do white the changes.

changes
those are just a few of the changes shown for the Notifications Macro

Ok.

• So it would be interesting to know how come you don’t have the Notifications Macro. What’s the history on your wiki in term of installation/upgrades or changes brought to it? Is it possible that someone removed the NotificationsMacro page at some point? Is it possible that the perm dir was touched by someone?
  • It’s hard to help you more with the other changes since you don’t show them in the post above :wink:

Re Notifications Macro, you could reinstall it since you seem to not have it but as I said this may be symptomatic of a larger issue, depending on what other changes you get for the Standard Flavor.

Thx