Proposal for the XS 11.9 roadmap.
- Finish "Ability to easily export only content from the XWiki Administration - Marius
- Video macro as default in XWiki - Marius
- Need to decide how to do it for the least maintenance
- Also need to decide if we continue to bundle contrib extensions (Vincent: not my preference)
- Configurable Class should support page level configurations - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15564 - Marius
- Continue improving performances - Thomas
- Start testing stuff for the notifications storage refactoring (more as an investigation), in preparation for implementation early in 12.x
- Performance work around job logs
- Add API to set the default language in the Document class - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15159 - Thomas
- Allow to enable / disable a UIX in the wiki administration - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-16738 )- Simon (with Thomas’s help)
- Mail sending should have a priority queue for urgent mails - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12826 - Simon
Note: the last 2 items for Simon are not extra urgent priority and Simon is currently on holidays. So we’ll check when Simon is back if there are more urgent issues to fix instead.
Dropped for now:
- Send suggestion for users with admin rights - Marius + Thomas
- Admin UI to list open suggestions
- Display in Notifications
- Add in the “no permission to view page” vm as a link to request rights
- Video macro as default in XWiki - Marius + Thomas (usability)
- Register known recommended macros in XS and display them in 2 places: WYSIWYG Macro list + rendering
- Display button/link to automatically install them if you have admin rights or send a suggestrion if you don’t hveadmin rights.
- Add in search + search suggest for existing known macros in exo
- Add in Help Center Application a list of recommended macros (+ links to install them) the
- Add a step in the Distributrion Wizard to suggest recommended extensions
- Then in the future, use FASTEN results to remove the hardcoded list and query the extension store.
- Velocity 2.2 upgrade pushed to 12.x
- New notifications architecture refactoring pushed to 12.x
- Atomic store API for document rename - (https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13935) - Simon. Pushed to 12.x as too risky for end of cycle
- 11.9RC1: 21st of October 2019
- 11.9Final: 28th of October 2019
WDYT? I’m going to update the roadmap page now.