Xwiki website has create_xwiki_database.sql available?

Hi xwiki’ins, I’m just following this tutorial and he mentions the

create_xwiki_database.sql

which he uses to initialize. Weeeeelll, I can’t find the file mentioned on the website via google or the forum search.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi, I have no idea what this file is. If you’re looking for installation instructions (official ones), please check: https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Installation/

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

I am only trying to point this out to help others who are now stuck where I am. On the XWiki website at this address -

Under “Other Installation Methods” there is a link to this youtube video that the OP is referencing. In this video the tutorial has outdated versions and says that the following file that the OP mentioned, “create_xwiki_database.sql”, along with another *.sql file is available for download on the XWiki website.

If the file(s) are not available on your website you probably would want to remove that tutorial or at the very least bring up how it’s outdated and requests you download *.sql files off of the XWiki website that don’t exist.

Any help is appreciated. Have a good day.

1 Like

After trying to plow my head into that tutorial I did end up reading the

and where it was lacking, I was able to circle back to the Installation page

and I was very pleased that it worked.

As for non-Debian installs, that might get a bit more tricky. On which platform are you installing? Are you trying to install with an already-installed DB?

Actually this wasn’t as big of a hangup as I thought and I’d like to post a reply to hopefully help others that run into this issue -

Creation of the “create_xwiki_database.sql” is incredibly simple. I realized it was only a byte size file, so very small probably only a few lines. Within the video the guy says that he “grabbed the file off of the XWiki website” but this isn’t at all necessary and a bit misleading since it’s not on the XWiki website as far as I know. Regardless, this doesn’t really change anything as I explain below /.

Just go into Notepad++ and type the exact details that show up after he opens the query tool and inputs the *.sql file at around 2.04 into the youtube video. Here is the text to input into Notepad++ -

CREATE DATABASE xwiki
WITH OWNER = “XWikiDBOwner”
ENCODING = ‘UNICODE’
TABLESPACE = pg_default;

I was under the impression before seeing the size of the file that this went on but it doesn’t, it’s very straight forward and a small little file to create.

Once you have this info in Notepad++ just save it as a *.sql file and it will create the same file that is shown in the video.

Repeat this process for the “grant_schema.sql” file and input them both into your database with the above file first and then “grant_schema.sql” second. Press “F5” or the play button in pgAdmin after importing the files and then right click on the database and refresh it (just as he says in the video).

So apologies I thought this was creating the whole DB but it’s more a small template prior to creating the XWiki DB. It’s just a simple, four or so line *.sql file that can easily be made in Notepad++.

For reference here is the youtube video I’m talking about that can be found in the installation page of XWiki in the “Other Installation Methods”.

It’s found within the “XWiki in Windows - PostgreSQL - Tomcat 9 - Waffle” link.

Any questions about this plz reply and I’ll see if I can help. Have a good 1.

Sorry I couldn’t figure out how to edit my previous post so I’m just going to make another one to put in a correction -

You DO create the XWiki database within PostgreSQL after importing the *.sql file, unlike what I say above. It’s just that it’s a blank database with nothing in it. For instance it doesn’t have any XWiki flavor or structure.

Other than that things were very straight forward and easy to accomplish in terms of creating the XWiki database in PostgreSQL and administering it within pgAdmin from both the above youtube vid and the vid he brings up to do prior to that to get PostgreSQL and pgAdmin.

The rest I backed out of (Tomcat9, Waffle, etc.) as I found a headless ran VM of Debian running XWiki with it’s generic flavor installed to be the easiest method to get it up and running.

Sorry so verbose. Any questions or comments just lmk.
Peace

Just wanted to say I appreciate you trying to help me out with this issue. I stopped with the “Windows, Tomcat, Waffle etc.” install and have it instead running like you said, on Debian as a VM.

Have a nice day!