XwikiTube Extension

Hi, I have been trying to upload videos via XwikiTube extension. All the dependencies and FFmpeg library have been installed. But after the upload, the video is failing to get encoded. I am not able to find the reason behind it. I am using Windows 7 operating system. Can anyone guide me to find my fault ?

Hi,
The faillure of the video encoding can be cuased by multiple reasons … the application have returned any error?

What you can do to test the video encoding is to use a short video and see if it works.

Regards,
Mohamed

Hi,

It hasn’t returned any failure. When I press the encode button after the upload, the encode page appears and its gets stuck there, displaying- waiting for the transcoding worker.

Regards,
Denjit

Do you started another encoding before? because it is possible that you have another encoding in progress.

Hi,

I just checked now. there is no other encoding. Still let me check once again

Hi, I rechecked my upload. There is no other encoding going on. Can you suggest any ideas for which encoding fails?

As I said before the best way to check if your FFMPEG installation is ok is to make a test with a short video.

Could you please open jira issue and describe in details the steps to reproduce the issue at http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XTUBEAPP ?
thx :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the idea. I tried with a small video file of 120 KB , but the problem still continues. the video file that I need to encode is of 14mb.

I will raise the issue in jira now.

Hi, how do I check whether ffmpeg library is working or not? It is installed but still the video encoding is failing. Please any help would be much appreciated.

when uploading a video, the encode page appears and it gets stuck there, displaying- waiting for the transcoding worker.
Is this issue resolved?
@deny10 @mouhb