Add WebAuthn Support to XWiki(GSoC'21 project)

Greetings to the xwiki community! I hope you all are doing good.

This thread will host the discussion/planning/information/update on all things important about my ongoing GSoC 2021 project. The less important/temporary doubts will be asked on the matrix chat.

Design page: AddWebAuthnsupporttoXWiki.
Contrib repository: authenticator-webauthn.
JIRA project: WEBAUTHN.

Student: Mohammad Humayun Khan.
Mentors: Thomas Mortagne and Fawad Ali.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @DamianArado.

It’s a good idea to use this thread to report progress and planning, but It would be better to create dedicated threads if you have specific questions to ask or proposals to make instead of reusing this one as otherwise it will be hard to follow (of course once a dedicated thread get resolved you can reference it here as a status report). Maybe this was your plan already, and you just meant other people asking questions to you on this thread, in which case it’s fine.

1 Like

I was thinking of creating threads regarding a specific topic, in which I will be taking suggestions or/and making a proposal regarding my approach. When they will be resolved, I will mention the summary here, so that everything is well inter-connected.

Exactly.

[Update]: Hi, I wanted to request some time from project development to focus on my university’s end semester theoretical examinations, which are scheduled to be held from 4-12June, unfortunately they got shifted from last week of May here, owing to the Covid crisis.
As of now, I have created the JIRA issues on which I’ll start working after these examinations, i.e., from 13th of June.
Nonetheless, I will keep checking the Forum and matrix #xwiki chat and will be available to communicate anytime. :smiley:

1 Like

Imp. threads regarding the project before the end of Ist Evaluation(16 July) are added here:

1 Like

Hii XWiki community! :wave:

Sharing some updates below:

This project is currently in progress. :grinning:

In case you need any further clarifications and/or you are interested to work with me on this project, catch me up on XWiki matrix chat. (my username: damian_arado). I’ll be available.