Change logo at login page (solution step by step)

Hi guys,

I’m new to XWiki (inherited the app from another sector) and we are facing a few challenges. First we did the update from 10.11.9 to 15.0 (no problems on that). Them we need to customize the theme to match the company colors. After login everything works fine. but the login page doesn’t use the selected theme (nor the company logo).
I tried the steps in the post: Company logo at the login page? but didn’t find options 2 and 3. Are them still valid for version 15?
Another post asks to override the template file, but we don’t want to change anything directly into the deploiyment folder, because we are using containers and this would make any new update more complicated.

It’s probably that the color theme page is protected and guest users cannot view it.

when I try to adjust the permissions (3 dots → administer “page”), it shows only “administer parent”. Could you please just help me telling the directions where I can find the individual skin page permissions?

It’s the color theme document that needs view right for the unregistered users, in order to fix the login page.

After digging a lot, I found the location. This definitely should be better documented.

1st step:
Administer Wiki → Users & rights → Rights

• Uncheck: Prevent unregistered users from viewing pages, regardless of the page rights

2nd step:
Administer Wiki → Look & Feel → Themes → Skin → Customize (click) → More actions (3 dots) → Administer Parent → User & Rights → Rights: Page & Children

• Select “Users” than check “View” for “Unregistered Users”
    (Do the same for “Rights: Page” option

3rd step:
Administer Wiki → Look & Feel → Themes → Color Theme → Customize (click) → More actions (3 dots) → Administer Parent → User & Rights → Rights: Page & Children

• Select “Users” than check “View” for “Unregistered Users”
    (Do the same for “Rights: Page” option.

I’ll set this topic solved and open another one for the dashboard issue.

3 Likes