Introduce a UIXP for notification settings?

Hi everyone,

as part of my work on the new Words notification extension I was thinking about injecting a UI for allowing users to administrate the words they wanted to follow directly in the users’ notification settings.
However I discovered that right now we cannot inject anything in the notification settings as it’s entirely hardcoded.
So for now for the extension I will inject a new tab in users’ profile which I think is also good.

But, on the long run I’m wondering if we need a UIXP for Notification settings? Right now it’s already composed of many different macros (e.g. for watch page settings, for custom filters, for notification types, etc): all those could be transformed in UIX calls, making them more easily customizable maybe?
I’m honestly not sure if there’s a real need for it, that’s why I’m asking here. WDYT?

I think the question is more general. There’s no reason that an extension could not want to inject new options in any tab basically (if that extension is about that tab’s domain). So we could imagine having some generic UIXP to add block content in each tab.

However, I find this is a bit awkward and on my side, I prefer that extension use the existing user tab UIXP. I think it makes it more clean.

Thanks