Macro not going through and other issues

It seems my install of xwiki is not getting better… I already have a pb of edition in the principal wiki (see https://forum.xwiki.org/t/message-failed-to-lock-the-page-when-tring-to-edit-a-page/7609/7) , and now I can see that :

• the macro are not showing, for example the dashboard or the table of content, unless I create the page with the dashboard template
  • on the subwiki the heart button doesn’t show the heart bouton-like
  • I installed the FAQ extension, and when I want to create a FAQ, I get a strange error screen !
    faq-not-working

I do not think those problems are linked, and it begins to be a lot…
So if anyone have ideas on these… do not hesitate !

Many thanks !

Hi. Hard to help you without knowing what you did exactly and what errors you have in the xwiki log files. You also didn’t mention the job logs you got when installing the FAQ app, that would help to copy paste them since there might be errors or warnings in there.

Hello Vincent, and all,

About FAQ : I didn’t register what happened at the extension install.
So I deinstall - was not possible at subwiki level, so I had to install it first in the main wiki, then deinstall it globally.
After that I installed again on the main wiki and then on the subwiki. I got only one error on both side :

Conflit de fusion
Le document FAQCode.WebPreferences contient des modifications qui pourraient être écrasées lors de la mise à jour.

But the comparison shows the doc is ok. I chose the automatic resolution and it went through. No other error in the installation log file, but I get continuous “Les données de cette extension n’ont pas été trouvées. Server not responding.” error messages that finally go through also.

I noticed the FAQ seems to work in the main wiki but not in the subwiki.

Also the FAQ page doesn’t seem normal :
faq-subwiki

Have you been able to fix your installation?

Maybe restart it since it seems you have a bad install to start with and I’m not sure trying to solve just the FAQ extension is going to be enough.

When an extension has had changes done by you and you want to check the differences with the original extension code you can ask XWiki to show you the changes, see https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Extension%20Manager%20Application#HChanges

Since you mentioned there was a conflict with the FAQ app, it probably means that there were changes to that app somehow, so could be interesting to see what these changes are.

1 Like

Dear Vincent,
We didn’t manage to solve the problem, but as it was a test sub-wiki, we will not try more. We installed the FAQ extension on another install and it works fine - or nearly, I’ll make another post.
Many thanks.