L10n wiki is down

Hi,

Great, great news :rofl::grinning:. It looks very promising!

I have used the new Weblate server and I’m faced to some difficulties (nothing unusual with something brand new):

• unable to authenticate with XWIKI service
  • unable to correct erroneous but approved sentences (maybe issue on rights)
  • crash when trying to save some translations, see for instance:

We are on the good way to have Xwiki translated … now that it will be so easy for translators!

Yes it’s still a not announce preview, some stuff are not fully done yet but should not take long.

Sounds like right issue yes.

It might be because we have a conflict to fix with changes made directly to the repository (currently looking at how we deal with conflicts).

Not really sure what you mean, it’s a standard Weblate thing to enable those or do need to configure custom authenticators (I’m not the one who configured Weblate) ?

Done :slight_smile:

Hi,

Tonight I’m able to save the translations (see above) which were yesterday “stucked”: thanks :grinning:!

Can we rely on this new server to perform translations or is there any risk to loose the work done to improve XWiki?

In theory all that is missing now is tweaking configuration but I would still wait for the official announcement just in case. But you are welcome to test it and report other issues you have :wink:

OK, I will test XWiki WebLate instance and report any issue discovered during my “spare” time.

Maybe it’s time to do a “preview announcement” and to open a dedicated forum topic (or should we use Jira to report issues on the new l10n translation tool?).

Have a good day,

Maybe it’s time to do a “preview announcement” and to open a dedicated forum topic (or should we use Jira to report issues on the new l10n translation tool?).

I’m sure @atallahade is close to announce it anyway, right ? :slight_smile:

We just need to handle multibranch pushes (to be able to translate LTS versions and others) before making an announcement :).

Perfect, let us know.

Note : translators are not in a hurry otherwise they would, like me :rofl:, have complained about the “old” l10n website.

Regards,

See https://forum.xwiki.org/t/weblate-as-our-new-translation-platform/3014

https://l10n.xwiki.org is “unstable” and returns regularly…

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.14.2

Are you aware? Do you know what’s going on?

See Planned upgrade of l10n.xwiki.org

Perfect and sorry … I missed this info and everyhting seems fine again, thanks :+1: